Pneumatic Ball Vibrators
About Global Ball Vibrators
The largest pneumatic Ball Vibrator is capable of handling a load up to 7,150 pounds 3,243 kg) at 80 psi (5.5 bar). Higher air pressures are allowable, but faster wear on the ball and raceway rings occur. Use multiple vibrators on a single hopper when the load is greater than 7,150 pounds (3,243 kg). For example, to restore flow to a hopper with 14,000 pounds (6,350 kg), use two Ball Vibrators. For more information please see:
Advantages of Global Ball Vibrators
- Rugged Construction - Bearing grade steel ball, hardened raceway, and a durable, hard to destroy, ductile iron housing.
- Small, Lightweight.
- O-Ring Seal - Seal prevents air leakage and keeps out environmental dust and water.
- Maintenance Free - No motor or bearings.
- No lubrication required.
- Clean Operation - No oily mist because non-lubricated air is used.
- Easy and Inexpensive to Rebuild - Repair Kits available to replace wearing parts, making vibrator like new.
- High Frequency, Low Amplitude Vibration.
- Versatile - Easy to control force and frequency by adjusting air supply.
- Easy to Mount - 4 different housing types give choice of mount and connection.
- Inexpensive solution to your flow problems.
- Produces Uniform, Directional Flow.
Filtered air - psi required depends on size and mount orientation.
- 2 - 80 psi (.1 - 5.5 bar).
- 4 - 34 cfm (113 - 963 Lpm).
- No lubrication required.
- 80 - 90 dBA with muffler.
- Nickel plated body available for food industry.
- BS = single bolt mount inlet and exhaust ports on one end.
- CS = two bolt mount - inlet and exhaust ports on side of unit – air travels in a “C” shape.
- DS = four bolt mount - inlet and exhaust ports on side of unit – air travels in a “C” shape.
- US = two bolt mount- inlet and exhaust ports on top of unit – air travels in a “U” shape.
- Force output range up to 715 force pounds (3,180 N) at 80 psi based on model used.
- Frequency range up to 22,800 rpm at 80 psi (5.5 bar) based on model used.
- Operate up to 80 psi (5.5 bar) – higher psi permissible but wears unit faster.
- Maximum Ambient Temperature up to 250ºF (121ºC).
- Temperatures greater than 250ºF (121ºC) - order with Viton O-Rings.
- Ball Vibrator Operations Manual.
- Global Ball Vib Dimensions & Dwg.
- Manual Valves - 2-way manual ball valve used to turn the vibrator on and off for normal operation.
- Solenoids - For remote or automated control, use 2-way normally closed solenoid valve to turn the vibrator on and off for normal operation.
- Airline Kits - Required for trouble-free operation and long life of ball vibrators. Includes airline filter and pressure regulator with gauge.
- Mufflers - Reduce noise and prevent contamination from entering exhaust port.
- Repair Kits (BVRK) - include raceways, o-rings, retaining rings, and ball.
- Sirometer - Convenient, compact rpm meter for measuring vibrator speed.
Selection of Global Ball Vibrators for Hoppers
For more details on selecting vibrators see: